FM / MW / LW
MAINS or BATTERY
34 Years old
FULLY REFURBISHED , Dismantled , all components checked , all switches, controls and case cleaned , I.F. Alignment tweaked,using 1975 Signal Generator, New Mains Lead Supplied.
Run for over 30 Hours and no faults found.
PLEASE NOTE THE PAINT IS WORN AROUND THE ON/OFF SWITCH
Roberts R800 AM/FM Mains/Battery
Size: 11.5" x 7" x 4"
Introduced in 1982.
The R800 is one of the larger size Roberts portable radios
It is a seven transistor + 1 integrated circuit portable radio covering the Long and Medium wavebands plus the full VHF (FM) band from 88 to 108 MHz.
It has an internal ferrite rod for the AM band and a 32 inch telescopic aerial for the FM band.
The radio has a slider tone control, external headphone socket and a 5 pin DIN socket for tape recorder etc. connection.
This R800 is housed in a strong wooden case covered with light green leathercloth, has solid teak ends and plastic covered strong metal carry handle.
The R800 stands on the usual Roberts ball bearing turntable base for the best reception from the internal ferrite rod.
It has been modified to work on 6 x "AA" Type batteries (not supplied), instead of the now almost extinct 9v Battery or directly on the mains (mains lead supplied)
SOLD WITH 14 DAYS MONEYBACK GUARANTEE. Excluding all Postage Costs & Batteries.
Powered by Turbo Lister
- Country: Great Britain (UK)
- Manufacturer / Brand: Roberts Radio Co.Ltd., East Molesey, Surrey, UK
- Year: 1982–1985 Category: Broadcast Receiver
- Semiconductors (the count is only for transistors) 7:
- Reception principle Super-Heterodyne ZF/IF 470/10700 kHz
- Wave bands Medium Wave, Long Wave and FM.
- Power type 240v AC or 6 x "AA" 1.5v Batteries
- Loudspeaker Permanent Magnet Dynamic (moving coil) / Ø 4 inch = 10.2 cm
- Power out 0.8 W (unknown quality)
- Dimensions (WHD) 305 x 185 x 122 mm / 12 x 7.3 x 4.8 inch
- Transistors: 3× 2SC1417F, 2SC732BL, 9014B, NA31, NA32. IC: TBA570A.
- Net weight 2.5 kg / 5 lb 8.1 oz (5.507 lb)